VOLUNTEER SHIFT SELECTION FORM
Thank you for volunteering at the Specialty Coffee Expo this coming April in Seattle, Washington!
Volunteering is more than just lending a hand. It's an opportunity to give back to the community you feel most passionate about. Volunteering fosters relationships with people from around the world that share similar interests. It's the perfect opportunity to help the coffee industry flourish. And not to mention, you can earn a free 3-day Expo badge in exchange.
Before you begin, please read all of the information below.
THE VOLUNTEER PROCESS
Step 1 - Register for your 3-Day Expo Volunteer Badge
If you haven't completed your Expo registration and would like to earn a 3-Day Expo Volunteer Badge, complete your Expo registration prior to selecting your volunteer shifts.
Step 2 - Select your volunteer shifts
Your 3-Day Expo Volunteer badge is pending until you have selected shifts to match the minimum number of hours required for the badge.
Step 3- Work your volunteer shifts at Expo and/or Re:co Symposium.
Join our amazing team of 500 + volunteer onsite to help make the 2018 Specialty Coffee Expo a success. Please be sure to read the ** cancel policy below in case your plans change.
Anyone attending the show may volunteer for a shift. Attendees can earn a complimentary 3-Day Expo Volunteer Badge ** if they work the minimum number of volunteer hours during Expo and/or Re:co Symposium:
- SCA Members: 12 hours if sign-up & register on or before February 22nd.
- SCA Members: 16 hours if sign-up & register on February 23rd or after.
- Non-members: 16 hours if sign-up & register on or before February 22nd.
- Non-members: 20 hours if sign-up & register on February 23rd or after.
- In order to match your volunteer shifts with your Expo registration, you will need to use the same email address for both.
- Only select the shifts needed to meet your minimum number of hours required. Once you select a shift it comes out of inventory and will not be available for others to choose. We are counting on you to fulfill your volunteer commitment for the shifts you select.
- Some positions require prerequisites (listed in the description). Only select the position(s) if you have the prerequisite.
- BGA Level 1 and Barista Foundation Level Course certifications will be verified.
- The times listed are the actual times of the volunteer commitment.
- Volunteer shifts may not be shared by more than one volunteer. We expect the volunteer shifts you select will be worked by you.
** Cancel Policy
SCA must receive written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to April 6, 2018 if you are unable to fulfill your volunteer commitment. If notification is not received before April 6, 2018 and you do not complete your volunteer shift(s), your credit card will be charged for the full 3-Day Expo Badge determined by your Member/Non-Member status and the ticket price on the date you registered.
Interested in a Lead Volunteer Role? Apply Here
Interested in a Station Instructor position?
Those in the "Verified Instructor" pool should have received an email with a link to the Event Preference Form. If you did not receive this, please email Desiree at email@example.com.
Not part of the "Verified Instructor" pool, but completed the SCA Instructor Development Program? Complete the Instructor Application here.
***PLEASE DO NOT SELECT OVERLAPPING SHIFTS - THANK YOU!***