Thank you for your interest in volunteering as an instructor at the Coffee Roasters Guild Retreat taking place at Skamania Lodge from August 23-26, 2018. We are filling instructor positions for both SCA Workshops and SCA Foundation Level Courses.
INSTRUCTOR APPLICATION & APPROVAL PROCESS:
- All positions are subject to approval.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee approval. Approval is based on a number of things which may include expertise in the subject matter, past performance instructing, license/certificates received and the date and time application is received.
- Approval is class specific and you will only be allowed to instruct in the courses/classes you have received approval and been scheduled for. Any changes to your schedule would require further approval.
- There is no guarantee that positions for a particular course/class will be available at the time you submit your application. In this case, if approved you will be put on a back-up list and notified if a position becomes available.
- If approved for a position, it is not guaranteed until your retreat registration is complete. If your registration has not been completed by July 31st, SCA reserves the right to fill your station instructor position with another applicant.
1. Download the class materials (lesson plan, instructor plan, handout)
2. Read the lesson plan
3. Attend the online rehearsal for the class.
4. Arrive at the classroom one hour prior to the class time and stay in the classroom for the entire class and help with clean-up.
5. Focus on your learners during the class, and give them helpful, useful, well-phrased feedback during class.
6. Refrain from promoting your company or teaching anything other than the class curriculum.
As our way of saying thank you to our volunteer instructors, discounts on retreat fees will be given as follows:
$100 for each station instructor position in a three hour SCA Workshop.
$150 for each station instructor position in a full day Foundation Course.
* maximum discount amount of $350
VOLUNTEER PROFILE - EDITS AND CANCELLATIONS
If you would like to make any edits to your volunteer Instructor application or have your volunteer profile deleted completely, please contact email@example.com.