Welcome to the Volunteer sign-up page for the U.S. Coffee Championships in Kansas City, Missouri.
In addition to some fun community engagement activities and tastings, the U.S. Coffee Championships will host the U.S. Barista Championship, U.S. Brewers Cup, U.S. Coffee in Good Spirits Championship, U.S. Cup Tasters and the U.S. Roaster Championship.
Volunteer opportunities are available from Thursday, March 14th through Sunday, March 17th in all five competitions as well as at The Café, Roasters Village, Volunteer Check-in and the Registration Desk.
- Most positions do not require prior coffee experience or knowledge.
- Volunteers who work 2 or more shifts will receive a 3-Day pass to attend the U.S. Coffee Championships and can apply up to 8 hours towards a 3-Day Expo Volunteer badge**.
- You must be 21 years or older to volunteer in the U.S. Coffee in Good Spirits Championship. ID’s will be requested and validated. In this competition, competitors prepare and serve coffee cocktails. As such we would like to disclose all alcohol will be served in a confined section within the event and will be served by certified bartenders.
Interested in being a Lead Volunteer at the U.S. Coffee Championships?
During the weekend there are several key positions that help the event run smoothly. To view a list of the different lead positions, responsibilities and time commitments Click here.
If you are able to fulfill the volunteer commitment and would like to be considered for a Lead Volunteer role, please select the shift called "Applying for a Lead Position" and complete the questions under the "Applying for a Lead Position" section.
** SPECIALTY COFFEE EXPO VOLUNTEER BADGE
Planning to attend the Specialty Coffee Expo in Boston this April? Volunteering at the U.S. Coffee Championships can help you earn your 3-Day Expo Volunteer badge!
How does it work?
- Work 2 or more shifts at the U.S. Coffee Championships.
- Register to volunteer at the Specialty Coffee Expo in Boston. Click here for more information.
- At the conclusion of the U.S. Coffee Championships we will verify your volunteer hours worked at USCC and apply up to 8 hours earned at USCC towards the minimum number of hours needed to earn your 3-Day Expo Volunteer badge. See individual shifts for the number of hours you will earn for working that shift.
VOLUNTEER PROFILE - EDITS AND CANCELLATIONS
If you would like to make any edits to your volunteer application or have your volunteer profile deleted completely, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specialty Coffee Association
2019 U.S. Coffee Championships Kansas City
March 15th - 17th, 2019
Please click the appropriate link: