[Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to continue. Your application is complete once you have indicated your workshop preferences, agreed to the permissions and waiver, and submitted the form. If you don't receive an email confirming completion of the form, contact email@example.com.]
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Coffee Roasters Guild Retreat taking place at Lake Laniers Legacy Lodge from August 15-18, 2019. We are filling positions for SCA Workshop Station Instructors and Lecture Brewing Assistants.
APPLICATION & APPROVAL PROCESS:
- All positions are subject to approval.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee approval. Approval is based on a number of things which may include expertise in the subject matter, past performance instructing, license/certificates received and the date and time application is received.
- Approval is workshop specific and you will only be allowed to instruct in the workshop you have received approval and been scheduled for. Any changes to your schedule would require further approval.
- There is no guarantee that positions for a particular workshop will be available at the time you submit your application. In this case, if approved you will be put on a back-up list and notified if a position becomes available.
- If approved for a position, it is not guaranteed until your retreat registration is complete. If your registration has not been completed by July 26th, SCA reserves the right to fill your station instructor position with another applicant.
1. Download the class materials (lesson plan, instructor plan, handout)
2. Read the lesson plan
3. Attend the online rehearsal for the workshop.
4. Arrive at the classroom one hour prior to the start of the workshop and stay in the classroom for the entire class and help with clean-up.
5. Focus on your learners during the workshop, and give them helpful, useful, well-phrased feedback during class.
6. Refrain from promoting your company or teaching anything other than the workshop curriculum.
As our way of saying thank you to our volunteer instructors, discounts on retreat fees will be given as follows:
- $75 for each station instructor position in a SCA Workshop on Thursday or Saturday.
- $75 for a brewing assistant position on Friday.
- $50 for Flavor Wheel Workshop prep on Friday evening from 5:00pm-7:30pm (Friday prep session is part of the Flavor Wheel Station Instructor responsibilities.)
* maximum discount amount of $300
VOLUNTEER PROFILE - EDITS AND CANCELLATIONS
If you would like to make any edits to your volunteer Instructor application or have your volunteer profile deleted completely, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specialty Coffee Association
Coffee Roasters Guild Retreat - Event Preference Form
August 15th - 18th, 2019
Please click the appropriate link: